- Proof of pool membership will be verified upon member sign-in. Members may verify through either photo ID (driver’s license, etc.) or membership card. **
- Operating hours must be strictly adhered to. Use of pool is not permitted without a lifeguard.
- Appropriate swimwear is required for the pool. No cutoffs allowed.
- Showers are for pre and post-swim rinsing only. No bathing. Swimwear must be worn while using showers.
- No eating or gum chewing allowed while in the pool.
- Drinks may be consumed on poolside but not in the pool.
- Smoking is allowed only in the designated smoking area.
- Pool toys are allowed at the discretion of the lifeguards. Oversized floats are subject to guard discretion based on pool conditions (# of floats in pool, # of swimmers, etc.) Members should check with guards before inserting floats in pool.
- No animals – other than certified service-animals - are allowed in pool area.
- No running in pool area.
- Persons with diarrhea, illness or nausea should not enter the pool.
- Persons with skin, eye, ear or respiratory infections should not enter the pool.
- Persons with open lesions or wounds should not enter the pool.
- No person under the influence of alcohol or drugs should use the pool. Persons exhibiting signs of intoxication may be asked to leave the pool.
- No swimming when thunder or lightning occur or upon directive of lifeguard.
- Non-swimmers must notify lifeguards of inability to swim.
- Guards must be notified immediately of any injuries.
- Parents are responsible and liable for any damage a child may cause on-site.
- No loitering on the pool ladders or life-lines is allowed. Pool ladders must be kept clear at all times.
- No loitering in the restrooms, showers, or guard stations.
- Proper care of pool equipment is each member’s responsibility.
- Only authorized personnel may use maintenance equipment.
- Swim Lane: Marked swim lane is intended for adult use only for swimming laps or training. The area should remain clear at all other times.
- Guests are permitted and must be accompanied by a pool member. Guest entrance fee is $3 per day, per guest. Children 3 and under receive free entrance.
- Members may bring a total of 6 (six) guests at a time. Advance approval from Colonies House Board of Directors is required for additional guests in excess of 6 so appropriate accommodations may be made. Members to contact email@example.com for approval.
CHILDREN & TEENS
- Children under 11 yrs. old must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult.
- Swimmers must be 18 or older to participate in adult swim.
- Swimmers who are not toilet-trained must wear disposable swim pants while in pools; all diapers and swim pants must be disposed of properly in a sealed bag.
- Diving is only permitted in the designated diving area deep end.
- No swimming under or in front of the diving board. The water area in front of diving board must be kept clear.
- Only one person on the diving board at a time. No hanging or standing on rails.
- No diving from side of board.
Lifeguards are on duty to ensure safety and maintain pool regulations. For the comfort of all visitors, lifeguards and Colonies House staff have full authority to immediately suspend pool privileges for the day and/or to ask any member or guest to leave who engages in actions that are unlawful or, in staff’s opinion, have the potential to be dangerous to the health, well-being, or enjoyment of the pool by others.
- Running, horseplay, dunking, pushing or throwing persons into pool is not permitted.
- Fighting, cursing, misbehaving, displaying unacceptable conduct (including inappropriate/unwelcome language and/or physical contact), showing any disrespect to other members, lifeguards, or other staff is not permitted.
- Repetitive or flagrant violations will result in dismissal from the pool for the day.
- Members may access pool and grounds facilities anytime during pool hours. Any members present on grounds after hours without written consent from board of directors is subject to trespassing and potential revocation of privileges.
- Premises are actively monitored by security cameras.
Lifeguards will complete incident reports for any dismissals and submit to Colonies House Board of Directors for follow-up and action.
Members wishing to register an incident/complaint may complete a form at the guard shack, or submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the Board of Directors will formally follow-up with all complainants.
- Any guest dismissed from the pool will not be permitted to return.
- Members in violation of pool rules will receive a verbal warning following the first incident report. Subsequent violations will generate written warnings/counseling.
- Any member dismissed and/or counseled three times in a season will lose the privilege of membership with NO refund of pool dues.
Suspended pool privileges may be restored at the discretion of the Colonies House Board of Directors.
** Member cards will be made available upon request only. Please submit a request electronically at email@example.com or request a card at the guard shack. Members may continue to use photo ID until card is ready.
Season: June 9th to September 3rd
Tues – Thurs: 2PM-9PM
Saturday: 12PM – 10PM
Sunday: 12PM – 8PM
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tae Garcia, President
DanCee Bowers, Vice President
Jennifer Gonzalez, Secretary
Brian Van Den Heuvel, Treasurer